Sunday 21 October 2012

Malaria and back problems

If you have been wondering why it has been a bit quiet with the Wunderli's it has been because we have been battling on the health front.

Just over a week ago I had the symptoms of a bad flu which turned out to be malaria.  Due to us being out of Kampala for one night it seems likely that is probably where I picked it up.  Thankfully I am on the right side of it now and there is no more of it in my system.  Praise the Lord!  Not something I want to repeat although I still think I had milder symptoms that Simon did when he had it :).  I have to say I am grateful that is was me that got it and not Joshua or Zara.  Don't wish it on anyone.

Last week Simon was loading a plane for his trip to Congo and hurt his back in the process.  It is most likely a trapped nerve or slipped disk.  He went for treatment for it three times last week and will go again this coming week for another three treatments.  Fortunately or unfortunately, whatever way you want to look at it, he is off on holiday this coming week so it doesn't interfere with MAF's flight schedule.  However, our health issues did interfere with a prospectus holiday out of town for a couple of nights.  We will play catch up at some point :)

If you think of Simon please pray for healing.  Pray also that the doctor would have wisdom in the treatment that he gives and that Simon would find relief from it soon.

No comments: