Wednesday 18 April 2007

Dilemmas

This mornings challenge was to find some fuel here in Kampala. Before heading out to track down a petrol station that had some I thought I would ask around first. Nobody knew of a station that had diesel. The problem is how far do you drive to find fuel as the whole time you are driving you are wasting some. A bit of a dilemma. However, after about 4 petrol stations on the Entebbe Road I found some. She also didn't limit me to how much I could have which has happened in recent weeks. The price had gone up of course but not as much as other stations who didn't even have any....interesting theory!!!

On Monday Simon and I and some friends went to visit the school that we hope to put our children into this coming September. Joshua and Deborah would join the reception class (class prior to Grade 1) and Zara and Ivan would join the Kindergarten class. It was a bit overwhelming to say the least to think that Joshua is ready to move to the "big" school. If Zara isn't ready for Kindergarten in September then we will delay it although she does enjoy the company of other children which is the reason we would put her in for a couple of hours.
The school is called Rainbow International. It boasts over 700 students which range from Kindergarten to High School and within that 700 are 51 different nationalities. Phew!!! It is a bit of a change from Little Swans where they go just now as they only have about 30 children.

Last week Zara was due to get her stitches out. I put it off as long as I could as she was hysterical getting them put in and I knew we would go through the same thing getting them out. Well God answered my prayers as Simon wasn't flying that day and he said that he would take her as I had Jane's graduation in the afternoon to go to. He assured me that she would be fine and it shouldn't be a problem (I thought that was a bit optimistic even for Simon). Simon's report was that she expressed herself very clearly that she didn't want to be there and was not impressed at the nurse touching her head. The nurse left her for a few minutes to calm down before returning to finish off the job. After another lollipop from the nurse all was fine again. We pray now for her safety that we won't have to go to the clinic anytime soon.

No comments: