Thursday 23 March 2017

Ups and Downs

This past week there was sickness in the Wunderli household.  Joshua was laid out for a few days with a flu/cold bug that seems to be going around school.  He was pretty miserable over the weekend and into the beginning of the week but was able to go back to school yesterday.  He seemed to cope fine.  It appears that Zara has the start of it but hopefully it won't be as bad as Joshua.  Simon and I are hoping that we don't catch it at all.

My love of dentists is not very high (nothing personal if you are a dentist and reading this) and so with having a couple of old fillings removed, running around getting x-rays done and then having to get one of my wisdom teeth out  this morning I am now hoping for some breathing space from the dentist chair. |However, I  have to say that my experience in Australia has been a good one and God was kind in that the dentist was actually from Scotland so there was a rapport right from the start.

I am leaving the good news till last though.  While I was in the dentist chair having my wisdom tooth plucked out Simon was sitting another exam.  This time it was his flight instructor one and he passed. He has a practical to do at some point and then that should be it for a while.  He was on a course all last week and now has assignments to complete.  He is just over halfway through with a few more long days of studying ahead but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

We give thanks to all of you who continue to cover us in prayer.  As we have said before it has been quite the rollercoaster ride before we came to Australia and since we have been here.  However God has been faithful and so we take each day as it comes.  The verse below sums it up well.

Philippians 4:13 Amplified Bible (AMP)

I can do all things (which He has called me to do) through Him who strengthens and empowers me (to fulfill His purpose - I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace)

No comments: