Thursday 26 March 2015

Back and shoulder trouble now I am 39+2

For the past three months I have been having shoulder pain incurred through sports.  With me still thinking and playing like I am in my 20's I thought it would go away naturally but to my dismay it hasn't.  Anyway the long and short of this story is I booked an appointment with a physio. (thankful there was one in our area that could help).  He was very knowledgeable and worked out what the problem was.  The medical name for it is quite the tongue twister so I am not going to try and guess how to spell it :)  Anyway he was able to do some massage and other treatments as well as show me some exercises that would help.   Due to the fact that I have overworked the left shoulder it has now been weakened and the right side of my body has tried to compensate.  However, with treatment this should resolve itself.  He also mentioned that one of my vertebrae had twisted.  He said this was unusual because it is only really seen in men and athletes.  He was able to manipulate in back into place so I am all good there.

Give thanks that this Danish physiotherapist is in town for a few months and I am able to get good treatment.  Pray that the treatment would do its job and I would be back to "normal" soon as I am missing doing sports :) and don't enjoy the pain on some days.

No comments: