Monday 18 March 2013

Snippets from this week

It has been a week or so since I have written a blog post but we have all been enjoying having Simon home that the blog posts have taken a back seat.  However, as of today Simon left for Nairobi again so I am back to blogging :)  He will be gone until Thursday night.  He has some MAF meetings related to his "second job" of Safety officer.  The timing is perfect, in one sense, as he will get the opportunity to go back for a check up, at the hospital, with the surgeon that peformed his back surgery.  His incision looks good but we will see what the surgeon has to say on Wednesday.

Joshua and Zara are both struggling with Daddy being gone again after only being home for one week.   However, they are being brave so I give thanks for that.  Pray that they will do well this week and that the time will go fast.

Just yesterday, before Church, I had to go to the Doctors as I hadn't been feeling 100% the past couple of days.  My suspicions were confirmed in that I have a bacterial infection.  Actually the doctor said, and I quote "... you have a rip roaring UTI (Urinary Tract Infection and you are dehydrated..."  At least it was not all in my head :) It seems to be one thing after another at the moment so would value your prayers for health and strength to return.  Pray for good sleep and the medicine to work quickly.

I did however get to be involved in a special Church service yesterday.  It was a definite first for me in that a close friend of mine was baptised.She had asked, a while ago,  if I would assist the Pastor in baptising her.  It was an honour and privilege to be part of this special occasion.  You can watch the short You tube clip at
Marieke's Baptism

No comments: