Sunday 21 October 2007

New school = New challenges




Since Joshua started at Rainbow International School it has been a steep learning curve for us all. I need to get to grips with whether its a PE day or normal day and then dress Joshua and Zara accordingly (just to make it more confusing they don't have PE on the same day). Then there is their reading books, library books and also homework to be done at the end of the day. Phew its tough being a 4 year old! Zara even comes back with homework - learning nursery rhymes and her library book. Sometimes it feels like a military operation in the morning getting them ready for 7:30am to leave for school. Once I get back home I feel like it should be lunch time :) Having said all that Joshua and Zara are loving their new school and are doing really well. Joshua is being challenged which is what he needs and is loving his new teacher, Miss Lunt who is from the UK. I had his first parent/teacher conference last week. He got a glowing report which is always good for the first one. She did say he liked to talk a lot so its a good thing to keep him busy :) We give thanks for answered prayer that they have fitted in so well to a new school.

1 comment:

Cydil said...

Wow! When I was his age at school (actually, I don't believe I started until I was five), I have fond memories of just gluing crafts with paste, story time, and playing with a toy kitchen!

Actually, Ellie's therapists all have 'homework' for us to do with her too in between their visits and it's hard to keep it all straight and remember to actually do it!
Hang in there, Joshua and Zara (and Mum and Dad)!