Monday 5 March 2007

Our First Week

It is difficult to believe that this time last week we were still packing our suitcases to return. The week has gone by really quickly. It hasn't been without its interesting moments.
On Saturday night whilst Simon and I were watching a movie I heard a thud followed by a quick thud thud. Something wasn't right. I went to investigate as Simon hadn't heard anything. When I opened the hallway door there was a noise of an animal making a hasty retreat into the bathroom. At this point I shut the door very quickly, recovered my composure and entrusted the situation to Simon. He went into the bathroom to investigate only to find a rather large rat. I gave him a broom and then he shut the hallway door. After that there was a lot of banging and running sounds from both Simon and the rat. When the hallway door opened out came Simon, the winner, with a trophy in his hand....a dead rat. The broom handle has now seen better days but it came in very handy.

Joshua and Zara are doing well. Joshua started back at school on Friday. He was a bit reluctant to go at first but once he saw his friend Ivan everything was fine. Zara has probably taken longer to settle and it seems like she doesn't remember much at all but is having fun being outside and not having to wear so many clothes.

Simon has his base check today, all going well. He starts regular flying tomorrow to Sudan. Some busy and hot days ahead for him.

I am slowly getting into work mode and assessing what has been completed whilst I have been gone and what still needs to be done. One thing that has been completed is the salary reviews. Everyone has a new salary and a job description. The only job now is to send the completed job profiles to MAF Europe to be loaded on the database as our internet connection is too slow to do it. Phew we are really finished. Its quite difficult to believe.

We will be sure to post some new photos of us in Uganda once we can find our camera. We are hoping it is in the suitcase that is still to come from London. I have my doubts as its not a place we usually put it. Oh well we will see.

No comments: