Monday 12 January 2015

Broken Finger

On Christmas Day Joshua hurt his hand on the slip and slide.  It was swollen pretty badly but we thought it was just a bad sprain.  He also hurt it once he went back to school whilst playing tag rugby.  That was enough for Mum to say its time to have it checked at the clinic.  The Doctor suggested an x-ray so off we went to the x-ray room.  Joshua came out saying that the Doctor told him to tell me that it was "busticated".  Joshua thought that was pretty funny.  Anyway it was a clean break of the middle finger.  Thankfully, the finger bones on both sides of it have helped support it as well as the fibers that have been growing around it.  I was expecting him to be in plaster but the Doctor said that he just needs to be careful with it and should be fine in a few weeks and back to normal in a year!!!!  How do you keep an active boy down????

He is now wearing the support brace that I used before Christmas when I sprained my wrist playing football with Joshua.  Thankfully my wrist is back to normal so I don't need it anymore.  I am not planning on sharing the support brace with Simon or Zara.  Hopefully that is enough accidents for a while. :)

Joshua is coping really well with it but it does hamper his sports activities and his guitar lessons.  Pray we have the wisdom to know when to resume these activities.

No comments: