Saturday 14 September 2013

Quick Update

First of all thanks to all of you who have responded to my previous post on Kodike Village whether it be with prayer support or through finances.  Simon was able to fly up some supplies yesterday to the area that had been collected in our MAF office.  There is still more to go up but there wasn't room on the plane.  Our Information Co-Ordinator and another colleague also flew up so I am sure a story will be produced soon as well as photos.

It was good to see many of you whilst I was home in Scotland for a week at a close friend's wedding.  It was a bit of a whirlwind trip but glad for the opportunity to catch up with so many both at the wedding and on other days.  I was also blessed with a quick overnight in Holland on the way back to visit a close friend who has just returned to Holland from the MAF Uganda programme.  It was SO good to catch up with her and see the family.  As always with friends the time is too short but enjoyable nevertheless.

I had a wonderful welcome when I arrived home in Uganda.  You would think I had been gone for a year although I have to say I missed them very much too.  Simon did a great job juggling everything and the kids were flexible also which was a blessing.  Thanks to the MAF team for helping out when things didn't quite go according to plan  e.g Simon getting stuck up country with a dead battery and couldn't get home till late. 

Simon, Joshua and Zara have been battling colds and other ailments whilst I was away.  They are all recovering to one degree or another.  I told them it was because they missed me too much and needed their nurse back :)

I arrived at midnight on Thursday morning and hit the ground running.  However, its so good to be back into studying again for Bible study (missed that) and getting organised for the three Bible studies this coming week.  I am also going to be involved in Scripture Union at Joshua and Zara's school again so that will keep me going.

On Thursday afternoon we had some friends arrive to stay.  George and Luan have been in Uganda for 7 years and have been doing various ministries during that time.  God has called them out of Uganda and so they will be moving onto a new ministry in South Africa.  They will head back to the States for some support raising as well as catching up with family.  It will be another sad goodbye tonight but thankful for modern technology that enables us to stay in touch.

Thanks again to all of you who continue to support us in prayer and with finances.  It is so encouraging to talk to some of you over this past summer on our travels of your faithfulness in this regard.

No comments: