Wednesday 1 February 2012

An update on Summer McCourtney

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for our friend Summer.  She is still in Kenya as I write but hopes to fly to Uganda tomorrow so she can be reunited with her family on Friday. She has given an update in her blog which I have copied here.  Please keep praying.

From Summer: Well, some people say no news is good news. I am not sure that I would always agree!

After a colonoscopy/endoscopy, 40 blood tests and an MRI, we are still no closer to a diagnosis (unless you count "severe IBS"). Biopsy results will be ready next week, but the doctor did not sound like she expected anything significant. All the while, I am trying to make sense of living with a chronic undiagnosed condition that loves to rear it's ugly head way too often!

I am going to meet with a nutritionist tomorrow morning--in hopes that I can figure out a solution for my overly thin frame (I believe I now weigh what I did at 13).

Please keep praying if the Lord would so lead you. One woman asked me if I thought this was a spiritual attack--it could be, if I allow it.


I will keep you updated as and when I get more news!  She will stay with us on Thursday night before flying to Pader with MAF on Friday! If all goes according to plan :)

No comments: