Thursday 4 February 2010

Toilet trouble




The other night Simon and I had just gone to bed when there was a loud noise coming from the bathroom. At first, we thought it was something that had just fallen off the shelf. I jumped out of bed only to find that it wasn't anything falling off the shelf but that the toilet cistern had cracked and there was water pouring out of it. I ran to the kitchen to get a bucket to catch the water as well as shout to Simon to tell him what happened. By the time i got back with the bucket there was no Simon. I managed to catch some of the water in the bucket while trying to explain to Simon what happened. I don't think he believed me or heard me at first. Anyway we managed to rig something up for the night so that no water would come out. Simon was able to purchase a new cistern and fit it in as best he could. You can't always find the exact size so it needed a bit of creativity to make it work. You can see the mess Simon is in the photos. :) It wasn't two days and the toilet handle broke off. We seem to go through a lot of handles. Just another day in you know where :)

1 comment:

Celia said...

Ha ha - Can just imagine the comments on this one! Poor Simon......