Thursday 19 November 2009

Was it a jumping spider or something else?

Last week I was aware that I had been bitten by something on my back but didn't give it much thought until the itching was driving me mad. Well, once i check it out i realised I had been bitten by something about 12 times (Zara and Joshua confirmed for me as they enjoyed counting all the red marks). I tried different potions to relieve the itching and pain but to no avail so off I went to the doctor yesterday. He confirmed that I had been bitten by something and that they were now infected. I walked out of the clinic with two different creams and a 5 day course of antibiotics. The doctor said I should see an improvement in three days and to come back in five for a check up.

Well jumping spider or not something had an enjoyable time munching on my back. Let us hope its had its fill and won't come back :) Just another day in Africa!

No comments: