Wednesday 21 May 2008

A big OUCH!!

Simon and I play volleyball twice a week, once on a Saturday afternoon and once on a Monday night. The Monday nights tend to be a bit more serious and is held at the international school so we have a lot of high schoolers play who are on the school team. Yikes can they hit a ball!!!
Anyway this past Monday Simon and I went off to play volleyball as usual. There were a lot of people there about 25 people so we had 4 teams on 2 full size courts. It was a really competitive evening and our team had won every game until the last one. We were in the last couple of points of the game when I went up for the ball as well as a team mate and we collided. I fell badly on my right foot and landed in a heap on the court. To say it hurt a lot was an understatement. Thankfully Simon was able to give me a "piggy" back to the car as I couldn't walk. Anyway to cut a long story short we spent most of the next day at the clinic and the hospital getting my foot checked out. It looks like I have crushed some cartilage in my foot and possibly torn ligaments. The x-ray was inconclusive as to whether I had a fracture or not. The English Dr. thought it wasn't a fracture. Anyway the treatment is the same..keep it up and stay on crutches for 10 days....a bit of a challenge for me as I don't sit on my bottom for very long at the best of times. Thankfully my mum is here at the moment so she has been a great help. I guess my body is not as flexible as I thought!!!

3 comments:

Cydil said...

Yikes! Sounds like you're still as competitive as ever! Glad to hear you have some help in your recuperation. Hope you're back on your feet again soon!

bug seth tua pip said...

Sometimes it takes things like this to slow us down! Sorry to hear about your foot. I appreciated hearing the story of Simon being able to help the missionary on short notice. It is nice to know that the work you are doing is helping others, big or small. I'm also glad to hear your mum is visiting...say hello for us. Don't forget to get some pictures of her with the kiddos!

KJ said...

What are you like Pam - hope you are coping with the crutches. What a nightmare for you. Did your team win though that is the question!!!!!