Friday 18 April 2008

What is that on my shoulder...


Since we have had power for almost a week now it has been a novelty to blow dry my hair each morning. One morning when I went to dry my hair the hairdryer failed to work. I checked to see that the power was on and realised that it had just gone off. Ah bad timing. Anyway five minutes hadn't passed when the lights came back on. Yippee I could dry my hair. I picked up the hairdryer and turned to the mirror to do my hair. Well I got the fright of my life. There on my shoulder, looking at me, with its long antennae was a mother of all cockroaches. The hairdryer was launched into the air as I tried to get it off. It fell from my shoulder to my elbow and then descended to the floor. By this time I was doing some sort of highland fling making sure it wasn't on me anymore. I was also making a bit of a noice as Joshua and Zara came running from the living room to see what was the matter. I told them that the cockroach on the floor had been on Mummy's shoulder and that I got a bit of a fright. Joshua, bless him, replied that I should have kept it on my shoulder a bit longer so he could have taken a photograph. There was no way, even for my lovable son, that that cockroach was going back on my shoulder just so he could take a picture. :) Looking back I must have looked quite funny but it sure wasn't funny at the time!!!

2 comments:

Kami Rice said...

Haha! What a funny story! (at least now that it's over :-) ) And, um, I'm very glad I didn't encounter any of those while I was there. I also feel quite fortunate that we had electricity as often as we did in September/October, though that last night of trying to pack without it wasn't so fun. :-)

Cydil said...

The highland fling? Wish I could have seen it! I love Joshua's desire to document everything. You're raising him well. Someday you should let him blog for you. ;-)