Saturday 26 April 2008

Run the School Gauntlet


The last couple of weeks have been a bit of a challenge when taking Joshua and Zara to school. Nearly every morning we have had heavy rain. My heart sinks when I hear the torrential rain battering against our window in the early hours of the morning as this means a rough ride to school. Thankfully our 1991 Landcruiser has new tyres which has helped me a lot. Also 4WD and differential locking on the tyres is a definate need. You never know what you are going to encounter on the way. On my way home I took a back route thinking it might not be so slippy since not so many cars go that way. Well it wasn't very successful as I met a matatu (mini bus taxi) which was half on the road and half in the ditch and then I had to squeeze past it without going in the ditch too. After that the road got worse and it was like driving on ice as I slid sideways along the road. I should actually film the road to school one day so you can experience it too. :0) Never a dull day in Africa!!

1 comment:

bug seth tua pip said...

Pam- you are very brave! I doubt that they have a rescue company that will bail you out of the ditch in Uganda. The Land Cruiser looks like a little kid who got caught jumping in mud puddles! Does it have a name?
Jenny