Wednesday 28 November 2007

We made it through CHOGM...

Well CHOGM week has come and gone along with the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. Then there were 53 Heads of State and 5000 delegates who all returned to their homelands this past weekend.

Simon along with another pilot did a VIP flight last Friday for Sir Trevor McDonald who was reporting on the Queen and Prince Philips visit. Simon was able to see Prince Philip on a couple of occasions and get a glimpse of what a day in the life of a Prince looks like. By the end of the day Simon was more convinced than ever that being Royalty isn’t all that its cracked up to be.

After that we were invited to join some friends who were holidaying about 2 hours east of Kampala in Jinja. We took off for the weekend to visit them and met up with a few of Joshua’s school friends who were also escaping the chaos of Kampala. It was a relaxing weekend and we enjoyed it a lot. We left Saturday afternoon to go to Jinja and that afternoon Prince Charles and his wife Camilla arrived in Jinja just 5 minutes from where we were staying. They had wanted to come and visit the place where we were staying but the owners said that it would be too much disruption for the guests so they had to go visit somewhere else. I guess even royalty have boundaries. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad I wasn't seeing things! I flew into Entebbe with my family just before CHOGM, and they didn't believe me when I said Trevor McDonald was on the plane too!

We're now back in England after a couple of weeks in Mbale for my sister's Mzungu/Ugandan wedding! (She works for an NGO hospice). I found your site by accident! MAF do a wonderful work and I pray God will bless your family mightily. Kind regards.