Wednesday 12 September 2007

A new job

Last week I officially took over the management of the MAF Guesthouse. This is going to be an exciting challenge and I am looking forward to getting started. (our holidays end tomorrow :)) The housekeeper at the guesthouse has just gone on sick leave this week for at least a month so pray that I find the right person to replace her temporarily. Hopefully she didn't take sick leave because she found out I was going to be her new Manager. Ooops!!!
Our time in Fort Portal was a blessing in disguise as we were able to meet up with friends of ours who also use MAF services. They were able to highlight some of the things they would like to see in the guesthouse and what would benefit them when they come to Kampala for a rest. We hope to put some of these things into place over the next weeks.

2 comments:

bug seth tua pip said...

I can't think of anyone more suitable for a new challenge than you! You will do great. I loved all the photos from your holiday. It looked refreshing...if only our vehicles didn't take holidays, as well :)

Cydil said...

I've had a little experience with guesthouse hostessing (probably on a smaller scale) as well as being a guest at many a mission guest house! Feel free to shoot me any questions you may have! Enjoy! You'll get to meet a lot of neat people!