Wednesday 23 May 2007

Another Milestone!

Zara celebrates her 2nd birthday on Monday (28th) and she has decided to celebrate in style by giving up nappies (diapers). Simon and I are rejoicing in the fact that very soon we can do away with nappies altogether..Yippeee. When I put wee pants on her she usually turns to me and says "nice". Mind you I have to confess her pants look a lot more comfortable to wear than her nappies. We pray this desire to wear pants is a long term thing and not just a novelty. Ahhh the joys of toilet trained children!!!!

She also went for her second happy day to Little Swans (nursery and pre-school). She had a great time and wasn't ready for me to pick her up two hours later. I had to play with her for a while in the sand pit. She had the last laugh when she scooped up some sand and then turned too quickly and the sand went all over me. I was chewing sand for a while after that. Although it was so good to see her having fun and making friends with the other children.

1 comment:

bug seth tua pip said...

I hadn't checked your blog in a couple days and had to laugh! We are doing some reading about toilet training, too. It is still early for Tua, so we will perhaps learn some tips from Zara? I read that most countries around the world have their children trained within their first year, whereas the United States is 3-4 years! What do you think that means?