Tuesday 20 March 2007

This weeks happenings.....

As I write this next update my ears are sensitive to what is going on in the dining room. Joshua has his friend, Jack, over to play this afternoon. At the moment they are eating popcorn but when it gets too quiet my motherly instincts take over and then its time to check things out. Zara enjoys Jack coming over too as they all laugh, shout and generally be crazy together.

This week I had my new boss over from England checking up on how the training is going. It was a positive experience as we chatted about the past, present and future of training. I am very much looking forward to working with her.

As I might have mentioned before we have a new couple working in the program. She is from Brazil and he is from Angola. Her English is very limited so I plan, with the help of CD's, to help her improve her understanding of the language. My portuguese is non existent so pray as we embark on this new challenge together.

Simon continues to be busy with flying. He had an interesting experience last week when a passenger arrived late and thought he could try and get on the plane even although Simon was about to taxi to the airstrip. Thankfully the guys on the ground were able to remove the passenger before any harm came to him or anybody else. Ah the joys of being a pilot!!

Next week is the end of term for Joshua. Today his class had a presentation of all the singing and dancing they have learned during the term. The teachers did a great job in getting the kids ready and the kids did a grand job in performing. Joshua is the only white boy in his class so he definately stood out from the class. Time to get a sun tan Joshua!!!!

Zara surprisesd me last Friday when we dropped Joshua off at school. I said to her that we need to go home now and she said "nope". I asked her if she wanted to stay at school with Joshua and she said "yes". So to cut a long story short that's what she did. It was a bit of a shock to think that my wee baby girl was ready for nursery. The teachers said she did very well and enjoyed playing with the other children. Having said that when we dropped Joshua off on Monday she wasn't keen to stay. I think it might be a while before she goes "officially". Phew I have my wee baby for a bit longer. :)

Our new camera arrives in three days so hopefully the next time I do an update you will see some new pictures.

1 comment:

bug seth tua pip said...

Hmm...your children independent? How old is Zara? 3 years old?